Polish Lowland Sheepdog Information
Pixie with gang: Iida and Rocky (Draque Bien Balboa de Bone)
International Recipe Exchange
We are featuring Summer Salad recipes this month
Links to conversion calculators:
Mixed Bean Salad
(Serves 8 – more as part of a buffet)
For the Bean
Mixture use either:
Dark & Spicy Marinade
Light & Sharp Marinade
1. Mix together the ingredients for the chosen marinade.
2. Prepare the bean mixture (either by using tins or by pre-cooking dried beans – see above).
3. While the beans are warm, pour the marinade over and gently stir to combine.
4. Cover and leave in a cool place, transferring to the fridge if possible once cold, to allow the flavors to permeate the beans. Ideally do this overnight or at least for several hours.
5. Just before serving chopped parsley can be sprinkled over the salad to add extra color – for the Dark & Spicy marinated beans chopped fresh coriander can be substituted.
Asian Summer Salad
Yield: 10 servings (1/2 cup per serving)
Prep Time: 25 min
A fresh, low-calorie option for summertime munching...
3 cups torn napa (Chinese) cabbage
1/2 cup (1/8-inch) julienne-cut yellow squash
1/2 cup (1/8-inch) julienne-cut zucchini
1/2 cup (1/8-inch) julienne-cut red bell pepper
1/2 cup (1/8-inch) julienne-cut yellow bell pepper
1/2 cup (1/8-inch) julienne-cut seeded peeled cucumber
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup grated radishes
1 minced seeded jalapeno pepper
1. To prepare the salad, combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
2. To prepare the dressing, combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until sugar dissolves.
3. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss well. Serve immediately.
(Select items from this list as desired)
Mixed green salad leaves
Chopped green pepper
Seedless green grapes (optional)
Pitted green olives (optional)
1. Wash leaves.
2. Slice cucumber in quarters lengthwise and chop.
3. Chop and prepare other items as required and combine in a large bowl.
4. Mix the dressing in proportion of 2:1 (oil to vinegar) add a little black pepper and whisk together thoroughly.
5. Shortly before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss lightly together.
Greek style Potato Salad
500g new potatoes – substitute
old potatoes if new unavailable
1. Scrub new potatoes and halve or peel and cut old potatoes into large dice. Cover with water, add a pinch of salt and a large stem of mint. Bring to the boil and cook until soft. Do not overcook as they could break up, which could be a problem using old potatoes.
2. Measure the yoghurt or yoghurt and crème fraîche/soured cream into a bowl.
3. Finely chop or crush the garlic and red onion or spring onions. Finely dice the cucumber. Chop the remaining mint, reserving a few whole small leaves to decorate. Mix these into the yoghurt along with the lemon juice and season to taste.
4. Gently combine with the potatoes, spoon into a serving dish, decorate with the reserved mint leaves and sprinkle with a little sumac, paprika or black pepper to serve.