- 1 lb puff pastry, thawed
- 4 oz organic chicken
baby food or other flavor baby food
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/8 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese - if your PON is
not lactose intolerant
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Thaw the pastry
according to the package directions.
- In a small bowl, stir together the chicken
puree, parsley, basil, oregano, cheese and
- Unfold the pastry on a floured surface.
- Spoon half of the mixture onto the dough and
- Repeat the above two steps with the remaining
- Cut into half inch thick slices.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick
- Pick up one slice at a time and twist in
- Place each twisted slice on the prepared baking
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the treats in the
oven to cool completely before serving.
Storing - This dog treat dough must
be kept in the refrigerator. In a sealed container they
will stay fresh for about two weeks.
Yield - You should be able to
make at least a dozen dog treats.