- 4 cups of flour (To make gluten free, use white or brown rice flour)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of chicken, beef or vegetable stock
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 13.2 ounce can of grain-free dog food
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a cookie sheet or use some spray vegetable oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl to form a dough. If you have a stand mixed, use the dough hook and mix for about 3 minutes.
- Spread mixture evenly over the cookie sheet. Try to spread it out so that it covers the entire surface. You can use a small rolling pin. If you do not have a small rolling pin you can use the empty can of dog food or anything round to roll it flat.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven and turn the oven off.
- Using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife, and cut straight lines about 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch wide over the length of the pan then cut straight lines about 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch wide across the width of the pan. When you are done the entire sheet should be scored like graph paper.
- Place the pan bake back in the oven for an hour and let the cookies crisp up
- Take the treats out of the oven and break them apart along the pre-cut lines
- Store them in a seal-tight container and keep them in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freeze them
- If you do not want to use canned dog food, substitute 1-to-2 shredded apples and add 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon and 1 Tablespoon of honey.
- You can also substitute 1-2 cups of cooked and shredded chicken, turkey or beef
- If you want to make them gluten free, substitute white rice flour or brown rice flour. (or you can do a 50/50 mix of the flours)