Cedr Moscic at a speciality show
Becoming an Empowered PON Parent
|To be fair about it, PON parents love their furry children
with a passion, but how many PON parents are truly empowered ? Being
empowered means more than offering a good diet, grooming and showing PONS.
It means taking that extra step to provide a solid future for our Polish
Lowland Sheepdogs. How can empowerment be attained ? As a
starter, PON parents need to think for themselves. This means
researching information in an independent manner and evaluating
research on an objective basis. Some may wonder how to go about
this. These are some suggestions:
* Visit your local book stores, libraries and www.amazon.com to keep updated on the latest canine knowledge.
* Utilize online veterinary journals: (CURRENT VETERINARY JOURNALS (GUIDE FOR AUTHORS FOR 254 VETERINARY JOURNALS) (DAILY UPDATED)
* Join a wide range of Yahoo groups (both general canine and PON lists)
* Attend canine seminars (info on AKC.org web site)
* Network with dog owners/breeders in PONS and other breeds
Most important, you need to establish your own personal policies . The following article may inspire some of you to stop smoking around your PON because of the consequences of second hand smoke and pets::
Second hand smoke and pets
Once you have established your personal policies, you are on the way to becoming an empowered PON parent. At this point, you will feel the need to reach out and protect the well being and future of our beloved Polish Lowland Sheepdog breed. How can this be accomplished ? A member of the online Native American community posted the following wise saying which may influence some of your decisions:
Posted on a Yahoo Native American list:
"No abuse of power will ever lead to wisdom. Wisdom
and power are not
Each of us can become an empowered PON parent if we so wish. Become active in your respective breed club and participate in activities and committees. Good luck.